WordGrid - jQuery plugin
Introduction and Download
WordGrid is a jQuery plugin that allows you to easily install a wordgrid game on you website.
The aim of the game is for the player to find a word in the middle of a randomly generated grid of letters
Download wordgrid.js (version 0.1.0 - September 2012)
Here is a live demo of the plugin.
How to use
- Download jQuery's library here.
- Download wordgrid.js
- Upload jQuery's library and wordgrid.js in a directory (let's call it "js")
- Add the following code between the tags of your HTML file :
- The grid will generate inside a div so you need a specific div in your page. Add this code if you don't already have one :
Here is an exemple of use using the full list of available options.
You can see live demos on this page.
Future ideas for development are :
- Possibility to insert more than one word in the grid
- Possibility to call a php script via ajax to get the word to be inserted
- Possibility to display the word(s) the player has to find
- Add a timer and a click count to pass to the callback function